Same Day Air Conditioning Repair, Service and Installation for More Than 64 Years
Dear Scottsdale Home Owner…Do You Have an Air Conditioning Problem?
You see, our air conditioner is something many of us take for granted … until it’s not working and we’re left in triple-digit heat with no relief. Some of the more common air-conditioning problems in Scottsdale include:
- Refrigerant leaks. Unfortunately, just adding more refrigerant is not the solution. You’ll need a trained technician to fix the leak, test the repair, and determine how much refrigerant is needed.
- Dirty filters or air conditioning coils causing the unit to not perform up to par. This usually results when proper maintenance isn’t performed.
- Compressor and air fans wear out. This tends to happen more frequently when the system is frequently turning on and off. Corrosion of wires and terminals can occur, so it’s important for a trained professional to check the connections.
- Problems with the sensor. If the sensor isn’t in position, the unit might cycle continuously or act erratically.
- Drainage problems. In the midst of the humidity that comes with Scottsdale’s monsoon season, problems could arise with the condensate drain clogging or not draining properly.
Many clients, especially those with older units, appreciate a first-rate service plan. A superior HVAC company will determine exactly what is wrong with your unit and take the time to explain your options. Scottsdale Air Heating & Cooling has been providing Scottsdale, Arizona residents with year-round air conditioning repair and service for more than 60 years.
If you’re experiencing any sort of air-conditioning problem, not matter how big or small, you’ll want a trustworthy, professional company that you can contact for a service call.Call (480) 945-7200 to speak with a Scottsdale Air professional right now.
Life in Scottsdale is full of perks. There’s a vast array of unique shopping and tantalizing dining opportunities at destinations such as Scottsdale Fashion Square, the desert landscape of landmarks like Camelback Mountain is spectacular, and it’s home to some of the most preeminent resorts and golf courses in the world, including the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess.
But, as any desert resident can tell you, there is that pesky heat. Keeping cool during Scottsdale’s scorching summer months can be a daunting task.
Keeping Your Family Comfortable In Scorching Hot Scottsdale, AZ
Thank goodness there are numerous ways to help beat the heat and enjoy the summer months. Some things you can do include:
- Close your shutters, drapes, and blinds during the part of the day when the sun hits those sides of the house.
- Replace incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescents; they produce the same light but use just 20 percent of the energy and heat.
- Plant trees on all sides but the south side of your house to create some shade.
- Use portable fans along with your air conditioning. You’ll move air without greatly increasing your energy usage.
- Weatherstrip your doors and windows. Warm air can creep into your house if your doors and windows aren’t completely sealed. It’s an easy fix: simply put rubber weatherstripping on the bottom of metal door jams and inside windowpanes. Your energy bill with thank you, too.
- Replace the air filters about once a month so your unit runs at its prime.
- Make sure your air conditioner is inspected and serviced by a professional at least once a year.