Living in Phoenix has a host of benefits, including a full menu of professional sports. Fans can watch the Arizona Diamondbacks at Chase Field, the Arizona Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium, and the Phoenix Suns at US Airways Center.
But anyone who has lived in Phoenix knows that summer brings a sport all its own: enduring the brutal heat as temperatures consistently hit the triple digits.
What to Do If Your Air Conditioning Unit is Acting Up
It’s important to stay on top of your Phonix Az air conditioning unit’s maintenance. The last thing you want is for a problem to flare up and be stuck in your Phoenix home or commercial building when the mercury is continues to hit well past 100 degrees.
There are several key things Phoenix, Arizona residents & business owners should be on the lookout for, including:
- Dirty filters or coils. You should keep filters clean. Otherwise, dirty or clogged filters can lead to poorer performance and higher energy bills.
- Humidity. When it’s humid, like during Phoenix’s summer monsoon season, it’s important to make sure the condensate drain is not clogging.
- How frequently the cooling unit turns on and off. If it’s going on and off too often, the compressor and air fans can become less effective. Wires and terminals corrode and can only be fixed by a trained professional.
- Make sure the refrigerant is holding up. Specifically, make it a habit to ensure there are no leaks. If you do spot a leak, a professional should be summoned to repair the hole, test it to make sure it’s functioning with the fix, and determine how much new refrigerant is required to operate smoothly and efficiently.
- How the sensor is working. If the sensor isn’t in the right location, or gets bumped even a little bit, it can cause the ac unit to act up and not function effectively.
Phoenix residents know that a reliable HVAC company will answer any questions you might have and, if you’re experiencing problems, uncover what is wrong with your unit and what needs to be done to fix it. For more than 60 years, Scottsdale Air Heating & Cooling has been providing residents and building owners with the best HVAC installation and air conditioning repair in Phoenix Arizona.
If your air conditioning unit is in need of repair or service, you’ll want a company with the best reputation in town. Call Scottsdale Air for a service call. We’d love to help! Call us at (480) 359-7141.
How to Keep Your Family Comfortable in Phoenix, AZ
Fortunately, there are some things Phoenix residents can do to help alleviate the fierceness of the scorching heat. Some of the things to get you started include:
- Get rid of your incandescent bulbs and replace them with more energy-efficient compact fluorescent bulbs. You’ll get the same amount of light, but just 20 percent of the heat and light will be used.
- Invest in some portable fans to place strategically throughout your house. You’ll be able to knock your thermostat down a few degrees because the fans will help with circulation.
- Check your windows and doors to make sure there are no leaks. Rubber weatherstripping along the edges of doors and windows will keep hot air from getting into your house and increasing the inside temperature.
- Make use of all your curtains, shutters and blinds. Keep them closed during times when the sun is beating down on those windows. Also, keep them all closed whenever you leave the house.
- Plant some trees and shrubs outside your house to create some shade.
- Change your air filter every month to keep your unit working efficiently.
- Hire a professional HVAC Company to annually check out your air-conditioning unit.
Call (480) 359-7141 to speak with Scottsdale Air