Paradise Valley, AZ is a haven for residents who like to take advantage of a little staycation time. Whether it’s Sanctuary on Camelback, Mountain Shadows Golf Course, or Paradise Valley Country Club, the community is home to many favorites.
But as the cold weather starts to creep into the valley, Paradise Valley residents also like to spend time at home with their families. The last thing you’ll want is for your heat pump or furnace to break down and leave you in the cold — literally and financially.
To make sure that doesn’t happen to you, you should take the time now to call a Paradise Valley Az heating company to perform a tune-up and seasonal maintenance before the frigid temperatures arrive. During that appointment, the heating and cooling expert will:
- Make sure there aren’t any signs of carbon monoxide. If your system doesn’t stay clean or starts to malfunction, toxic carbon monoxide can be emitted. It’s invisible and odorless and can be deadly if it isn’t detected.
- Check for potential fire hazards. The most common culprits are the gas or oil connections, improper gas pressure, burner combustion, or problems with the heat exchanger.
- Conduct a calibration of the thermostat. One little bump can cause the system to get out of whack and your system won’t heat efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Check for signs of clogging at the condensate drain. Blockage could damage the furnace and lead to your house being humid.
- Inspect all the controls and the starting cycle. Make sure the system will start, function, and turn off as it should.
- Look for rust, disconnection, or any sign of back-drafting on the flue piping.
- Lubricate all the moving parts and do an overall motor check.
- Tighten any loose connections to keep the system safe.
Once your seasonal maintenance is complete, doing what you can to keep your family warm the rest of the season is up to you. You might consider:
- Letting the sun shine in. Summer’s over. Don’t be afraid to open up those blinds, shutters, and curtains throughout the house.
- Checking your doors and windows for any drafts. If you find any, seal them up with some rubber weather-stripping, which can be purchased inexpensively at your local hardware or home improvement store.
- Changing your air filters every month. This will help keep them as clean as possible so they’ll run efficiently.
- Cooking. Take advantage of your potential kitchen heat by lots of cooking and baking. Not only will you get your family fed, but you’ll help warm them, too.
- Paying attention to your ceiling fans. Don’t ignore them just because it’s winter. If you turn them counter-clockwise, they’ll help circulate the warm air down into the room.
- Using a programmable thermostat. Program it to turn down if everyone is away from home during the day, and at night when everyone is sleeping.
As you set out to make your fall and winter plans, don’t overlook your heating system. A quick call to a reputable heating and cooling company to provide your heat pump or furnace with a seasonal maintenance check will keep your system working efficiently, save you money on your energy bill, and prevent any breakdowns during the cold winter months.
Scottsdale Air Heating and Cooling has been the best HVAC installation and heating repair in Paradise Valley Arizona, keeping the residents warm during the winter for the past 64 years. Don’t delay. When you’re ready to have your heater and heat pump checked out for the season, or you’re in need of repair, you’ll want a company with a reputation for great customer service. Give Scottsdale Air Heating and Cooling a call now at (480) 359-7141.
Call (480) 359-7141 to speak with Scottsdale Air