Paradise Valley is known for a host of fabulous world-class resorts and golf courses that make wonderful staycations for local residents. A few that come to mind include Sanctuary on Camelback, Mountain Shadows Golf Course, and Paradise Valley Country Club.
But the perennial challenge facing Paradise Valley residents, whether they stay home or take advantage of local resorts, is how to stay cool during the atrocious summer heat.
What To Do When You Have an Air Conditioning Problem in Your Paradise Valley Home
During the boiling summer months, it’s always a welcome relief to go from outside to your cool, air conditioned house. But don’t take that welcoming, cold air for granted. There is a list of common air conditioning ailments Paradise Valley, AZ residents should be on the lookout for and taken care of quickly so you’re not interrupted with a house full of hot air, including:
- Worn out compressor and air fans. A frequent culprit is frequently turning the system on and off, causing corrosion. A professional contractor should check the connections.
- Filters and coils that get dirty. Too much dirt means under-performance. Change the filters regularly and hire a contractor to inspect your coils.
- Sensor settings. If the sensor movies even a little bit, the unit can act inconsistently.
- Challenges with drainage. When it’s humid, especially during Paradise Valley’s monsoon season, drain clogging or drainage issues can arise.
- Refrigerant leaking. It may seem like the fix is simply topping off the solution, but that’s not the case. A professional contractor should actually repair the leak and test it to ensure it’s fixed for good.
A first-class HVAC company will provide you with the service you need to keep cool during Paradise Valley’s summer months. Scottsdale Air Heating & Cooling, has been providing residents with the best HVAC installation and air conditioning repair in Phoenix Valley Arizona. For more than six decades, Scottsdale Air’s team has helped keep your ac unit fully functional and running smoothly.
With Scottsdale Air, you’ll have a trustworthy Paradise Valley Az air conditioning company that’s always available for a service call. Call the Scottsdale Air team at (480) 359-7141.
Keeping Your Family Comfortable in Paradise Valley, AZ
Fortunately, there are a series of steps you can take to lessen the blow of the scorching summer sun. The areas in and around your house that you should focus on include:
- Doors and windows. At least once a year you should check for drafts. If there are any leaks, warm air from outside can sneak inside. The simple step of purchasing some rubber weatherstripping can help out. Place it on the bottom of your door jams and inside windowpanes.
- The window treatments. All your shutters, curtains, and blinds should stay closed as much as possible. Only open them when the sun is beating down on the opposite side of the house.
- Outside. Consider planting some fast-growing trees and bushes to provide some shade to your house.
- Various rooms. Place portable fans throughout your house. You can keep your thermostat set two or three degrees cooler since fans will be moving the air around.
- Your lightbulbs. Get rid of the heat-inducing incandescent bulbs and opt instead for compact fluorescents. You’ll get the same amount of light with just one-fifth of the heat and energy.
- Your air conditioner filters. One of the easiest maintenance steps you can take is replacing your air conditioning filter about once a month during prime season.
- The air-conditioning unit itself. Call out a professional HVAC contractor every year — the best time is in the spring before it really starts heating up — to inspect and service your unit.
Call (480) 359-7141 to speak with Scottsdale Air