Living in Mesa provides a range of fun things to do to keep you busy in your free time. There’s the Mesa Arts Center for great cultural activities, the Superstition Mountains for hiking and enjoying the outdoors, and Cactus League Spring Training for baseball and springtime weather enthusiasts.
However, as the winter months begin to come into view, many of us look forward to warm, toasty days and nights INSIDE. Sometimes it’s easy to take staying warm during the cold months for granted. Regular maintenance of your heat pump and heating system by a professional heating and cooling company can help ensure no repair surprises in the months ahead, as well as extend the life of your system and save you money on your energy bill.
There are many things that will take place during a seasonal heating tune-up or heat pump maintenance check, including:
- An examination and calibration of the thermostat. If the calibration is off at all, your system won’t be working efficiently, running when it should be off and costing you extra money.
- A full safety exam to check for any fire hazards. The most likely culprits generally involve gas pressure, burner combustion, and the heat exchanger. This also includes ensuring there is no carbon monoxide risk.
- Lubrication of the moving parts so they run smoothly and keep you warm all season.
- An inspection of the motor.
- Tightening any loose electric connections and checking for any voltage problems.
- Looking for any hint of flue piping or signs of rust.
- Making sure there isn’t any blocking up in the condensate drain. Clogging can create humidity in your house and could lead to a damaged system.
- Ensuring the heat pump starts, runs, and shuts off as it should.
After a licensed HVAC performs a heating tune-up, the rest lies with you in keeping your family warm and saving on your utility bill in the months ahead. Some things you can do in the cooler winter months include:
- Dutifully replace your air filters every month. Clean filters yield an efficient system.
- Check all your doors and windows for any signs of drafts. If you feel any, some rubber weather-stripping under or alongside doors and windows will seal it right up.
- Take advantage of a programmable thermostat. You can set it to turn down low while your family is asleep and, if everyone is out of the house during a good chunk of the day, while everyone is away.
- Increase your cooking and baking. Those apple pies and holiday cookies it will help warm up the house.
- Set your ceiling fans for winter. By turning your ceiling fans counter-clockwise, the warm air will shoot down and into the room.
- Lighten things up. Open the shutters, blinds, and curtains. It’s not July anymore, invite the sunshine in.
If you want to ensure your heat pump works efficiently and your family isn’t interrupted by any repair issues in the months ahead, you’ll want a reputable Mesa Az heating company to perform a tune-up and seasonal maintenance before the cold sets in.
Scottsdale Air Heating and Cooling has been the best HVAC installation and heating repair in Mesa Arizona, providing residents with unrivaled heating and air conditioning maintenance services for more than six decades. Call now to get your heater and heat pump inspected before you’re left in the cold. Give Scottsdale Air Heating and Cooling a call today at (480) 945-7200.
Call (480) 359-7141 to speak with Scottsdale Air