Beautiful weather has its many advantages for Gilbert, AZ residents. There’s the Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch to enjoy nature, San Tan Village for shopping, and the quaint, historic Heritage District for leisurely strolls.
But as the chill starts to take hold, many of us look forward to cozy days and evenings at home. Those idyllic moments can come to a screeching halt if your heat pump isn’t functioning or stops abruptly, leaving you and your family shivering in a cold house.
To ensure that doesn’t happen, the best thing to do is to call out a licensed Gilbert Az heating company to give your heat pump and heating system a tune-up and some seasonal maintenance. Regular maintenance can also extend the life of your system and reduce your utility bill.
If you’ve never had your heat pump or heating system inspected, here’s what you can expect:
- A general look at your system controls. A contractor will make sure the system starts, runs and turns off as it should.
- A check of your electric connections. If there’s anything loose, they’ll tighten it. If there are any voltage problems, they’ll fix them so the system stays safe.
- Ruling out any other potential sources of fire hazards: gas pressure, burner combustion, and heat exchanger. Cleaning the burners and fixing cracked heat exchangers.
- Making sure there isn’t a threat of carbon monoxide. If you have dirt lurking or things aren’t working as they should, your family could be at risk of toxic carbon monoxide. A contractor will take a look and make sure your family is safe.
- A look at your thermostat to make sure it’s calibrated properly. Any tiny movement can cause your heat pump to work inefficiently.
- A check for signs of rust or back-drafting of the flue piping.
- Observing the condensate drain to make sure there isn’t any clogging. If there is clogging, the furnace could be damaged and your house will be humid.
- An inspection of the motor and lubrication of moving parts so they run smoothly throughout the winter.
While your heating-and-cooling professional does his part to keep your family warm as efficiently as possible this winter, there are some things you can do at home to help keep energy costs as low as possible. The list includes:
- Installing a programmable thermostat if you haven’t already. This is a great way to save money because you can turn the heat down at bedtime and while family members are away from the house at work and school.
- Sealing up any drafts under or alongside doors and windows. Rubber weather-stripping from the local hardware store will do the trick.
- Removing old air filters and replacing them with new ones monthly. Buy a few at a time so you’ll stay on top of monthly maintenance.
- Taking advantage of your ceiling fans. Yes, they help you out in the summer, but they’re also beneficial in the cold winter months. Just turn them counter-clockwise and warm air will shoot downward into the room.
- Inviting the light into your house. Open the shutters, blinds, and curtains. Let the warmth ooze through.
- Cooking up a storm. Cook and bake to your heart’s content; it will help warm up the house.
So don’t take a warm, comfortable house for granted. An annual check of your heat pump and heating system by a reputable HVAC company will give you peace of mind and ensure you’ll have a warm winter without any interruptions while your system works as efficiently as possible.
Scottsdale Air Heating and Cooling has been providing residents with the best HVAC installation and heating repair in Gilbert Arizona with all their maintenance needs for the past 64 years. Call now to get your heater and heat pump inspected before the busy holiday season hits. Give Scottsdale Air Heating and Cooling a call today at (480) 359-7141.
Call (480) 359-7141 to speak with Scottsdale Air