Fountain Hills residents love their outdoor activities. Whether it’s exploring the McDowell Mountain Preserve, the River of Time Museum, or the many golf courses like Golf Club at Eagle Mountain and Sunridge Canyon Golf Club, most everyone enjoys getting out in the sunshine.
But as the chilly winter months roll around, we start thinking about spending more time indoors, staying warm and spending time with loved ones as the holidays approach. Don’t take those cozy winter moments for granted by not maintaining your heat pump and furnace. Now’s the time to get it taken care of – before something big goes wrong in the middle of winter and you’re stuck in a cold house and paying more for something that could have been prevented.
What to expect when you call an HVAC company to conduct a tune-up and maintenance on your heat pump and furnace, in your Fountain Hills, AZ home:
- An examination of your system for any signs of carbon monoxide emission. If things aren’t working properly, your family could be at risk. Carbon monoxide is an invisible, odorless gas that can be deadly.
- A check of your electrical connections. If anything is loose, a contractor will tighten it up to ensure no voltage problems result and ultimately keep your heat pump and Fountain Hills Az heating system safe.
- A look at other potential fire hazards: the gas pressure, burner combustion, and the heat exchanger.
- A look at the condensate drain to check for clogging. Water that has built up can harm the furnace and can make your house humid.
- A review of your system controls to make sure they’re all running smoothly. An HVAC contractor will make sure your system and heat pump turn on, run, and go off as they’re supposed to.
- A check for back-drafting of the flue piping or signs of rust.
- Lubrication of moving parts and inspection of the motor. Thermostat calibration. To work most efficiently, your thermostat needs to be calibrated.
In addition to hiring an HVAC company to do your seasonal heating and cooling tune-up and maintenance, there are some things you can do around your Fountain Hills, Arizona home to stay warm & save on your energy bill this winter, including:
- Turn your ceiling fans counter-clockwise. This will push warm air down into your room.
- Take advantage of long cooking and baking times. Let the warmth from the oven heat up your kitchen and living areas.
- Keep it light. That is, open all your window treatments and let the sun shine in.
- Keep your air filters clean by changing them monthly. Clean filters will keep things running efficiently and smoothly.
- Head to your local home improvement or hardware store for some rubber weather-stripping for your window panes and doors. This will keep cold outdoor air from creeping inside.
- Install a programmable thermostat if you haven’t already. This is a big energy and money saver because it lets you turn the heat down while you’re away at work or school or at night when you’re sleeping and covered with your electric blanket.
When it’s time for heating repairs or maintenance, you want a heating company in Fountain Hills that rises to the top and performs stellar service time and again.
Scottsdale Air Heating and Cooling has been providing residents with the best HVAC installation and heating repair in Fountain Hills Arizona and keeping their homes warm in the winter and cool in the summer for the past 64 years. As you get ready for the busy winter months ahead, don’t neglect your heat pump. Call Scottsdale Air Heating and Cooling today at (480) 359-7141.
Call (480) 359-7141 to speak with Scottsdale Air