Many Fountain Hills residents love the many leisure activities close to home: the McDowell Mountain Preserve, the River of Time Museum, and the many golf courses like Golf Club at Eagle Mountain and Sunridge Canyon Golf Club.
As anyone who’s lived in Arizona can tell you, surviving the dreadful summer heat is never an easy feat.
Do If You Have an Air Conditioning Problem at Your Fountain Hills Home or Building?
Spending the summer in our air conditioned home is something many of us take for granted. But all of a sudden the utility bill spikes without explanation, there are funny noises, or it’s just not feeling as cool as it should be. There are a number of things that can go wrong and interfere with your air-conditioned days. If you experience any of these, you should contact a professional HVAC contractor.
- Your system not performing up to par. This could mean dirty filters and coils. You can replace dirty filters yourself, but an HVAC contractor should inspect coils.
- Constantly turning the system on and off. If you’re guilty of this, then you could be causing erosion of the compressor and air fans. A simple service call from a contractor would provide you with reassurance the connections are still operating, and if they’re not, proper repairs can be made.
- Erratic behavior from your air conditioner. The sensor might be out of whack. All it takes is the slightest movement for it to act up. A professional can inspect it and determine if there’s a problem.
- Too much moisture. You could be having some clogging or drainage issues. This is common during humid periods, like Fountain Hills’ monsoon season.
- Refrigerant leaking. It may seem like the fix is simply topping off the solution, but that’s not the case. A professional contractor should actually repair the leak and test it to ensure the leak is repaired.
Scottsdale Air Heating & Cooling has been keeping Fountain Hills, Arizona residents cool for 64 years, providing top-quality service, quick-turnaround air conditioning repair in Fountain Hills, and first-rate service plans. We will answer all your questions and explore all options for keeping you cool all summer long.
If things aren’t running smoothly on the Fountain Hills air conditioning front, you’ll want a company you can trust. Call Scottsdale Air Heating & Cooling at (480) 359-7141.
Keeping Your Family Comfortable in Fountain Hills, Arizona
But you don’t need to feel like a victim. There are plenty of questions you should ask yourself to help keep your family comfortable during the summer heat, including:
- Is your weatherstripping holding up? You should check your windows and doors at the beginning of the summer season to see if you have any air leaks. If you do, simply make a trip to the hardware store and buy some rubber weatherstripping to line inside windowpanes and at the bottom of door jams.
- Are you keeping unnecessary light and heat out? When the morning and afternoon sun is beating down against your house, keep your blinds, shutters and curtains closed.
- Have you planted trees outside your house to provide canopies of shade against your house? Plant deciduous trees so they will shade east-facing walls and windows from 7 to 11 a.m. and west-facing surfaces from 3 to 7 p.m. during June, July, and August. Trees also help cool the air.
- Do you take advantage of portable and ceiling fans? Fans can make the air feel three or four degrees cooler.
- Have you switched to compact fluorescents light bulbs? If you swap out energy-sucking incandescent bulbs, you use just 20 percent of the heat and energy, but get the same amount of light.
- Do you regularly replace your air conditioner filter? If you change the filter about once a month, you’ll help ensure efficiency during the summer months.
- Do you call out a professional HVAC contractor every year to inspect and service your unit? This is really the only way you’ll know your unit is up to par and ready for the summer.
Call (480) 359-7141 to speak with Scottsdale Air