Arcadia, Arizona residents adore their unique community. For outdoor enthusiasts, there’s Camelback Mountain for hiking and exploring. For shoppers, Biltmore Fashion Park and Scottsdale Fashion Square are nearby.
While winter months are a great time for hiking and shopping, it’s also a favorite time to gather with the family in a nice warm house. But many of us take that toasty house for granted … until it’s too late. Regular tune-ups and maintenance of your heat pump and furnace can prevent headaches and shelling out big money down the road.
The best way to get your furnace and heat pump ready for the cold season is to hire an HVAC company to give it a tune-up and regular maintenance check.
Arcadia, AZ annual maintenance heating appointments keep your heat pump efficient. What you should expect from a HVAC company:
- Making sure there are no fire hazards. A contractor will check the gas or oil connections, gas pressure, burner combustion, and heat exchanger. A dirty burner or cracked heat exchanger can cause improper burner operation. And either can lead to the equipment becoming less safe and less efficient.
- A carbon monoxide check. Dirty or malfunctioning systems can lead to deadly carbon monoxide emissions. A professional will make sure your furnace is free of the dangerous gas.
- A professional heat pump check up to make sure it’s functioning properly. If it’s not working to its potential, your energy bill will be more costly — by as much as 25 percent.
- Ensuring your programmable thermostat is working as it should. If it’s out of whack, you could be paying more than you need to your utility company.
- Inspecting all the controls and the starting cycle. Make sure the system will start, function, and turn off as it should.
- Checking the motor and lubricating any moving parts.
- Looking for rust, disconnection, or any sign of backdrafting on the flue piping.
In addition to an heater or heat pump a tune-up, some other things you can do around your Arcadia, Arizona home to help stay warm during the frigid winter months:
- Let the sun shine in. Forget the dark caves of summer. Open your shutters, curtains and blinds and let the sunlight work its magic.
- Cook and bake. Take advantage of your kitchen by cooking and baking up a storm. Not only will it send wonderful scents wafting through the house, but it will help warm it up, too.
- Check your windows and doors for drafts. If you find any, rubber weatherstripping will do the trick.
- Reverse your ceiling fans. That’s right. Ceiling fans are also helpful in the winter. If you set them to go counterclockwise in the winter, the warm air will be directed downward.
- Install a programmable thermostat if you haven’t already. This is a big energy and money saver because it lets you turn the heat down while you’re away at work or school or at night when you’re sleeping and covered with your electric blanket.
- Change your filters regularly. You should swap out your filters about once a month to keep your system running smoothly.
If you’re looking forward to the change in weather and being able to put your heat pump to work, then you’ll want to be sure it’s ready for the season. You’ll want a reliable company to come out to your home that has a stellar reputation for customer service on your side.
Scottsdale Air Heating and Cooling has been keeping Arcadia, Arizona residents current on all their Arcadia Az heating and cooling needs for more than six decades. If you’re ready to have your heater and heat pump checked out for the season, you’ll want a company you can trust. Call for the best HVAC installation and heating repair in Arcadia Arizona, contact Scottsdale Air Heating and Cooling team today at (480) 359-7141.
Call (480) 359-7141 to speak with Scottsdale Air