Scottsdale Air Continues 64-Year Tradition with Arcadia, Arizona Homes & Commercial Buildings
Arcadia residents love the beautiful landmarks of their community. There’s the beautiful Camelback Mountain for hiking, and for those who prefer to get their walking done while shopping, the Biltmore Fashion Park and Scottsdale Fashion Square are an easy drive away.
Whether they’re hiking or shopping, Arcadia residents like to stay cool, which isn’t always easy in the heat of summer.
What Air Conditioning Warning Signs to Watch For:
With the air conditioner comfortably in the background, it’s often easy to take it for granted. But the minute we’re without, fear and panic run amok. Sometimes all it takes is a little maintenance to prevent bigger problems down the road.
You should be concerned (and call an HVAC company) if you recognize any of the following symptoms:
- Lots of moisture. Improper drainage or blockage can lead to big problems, especially during the monsoon season in Arcadia.
- Leaks in the refrigerant. Some people will try to fix this by simply topping off the refrigerant. But if there’s a leak, that means there’s a hole that needs to be fixed. You should call a contractor to do the job to ensure the leak is fixed, tested and the correct amount of refrigerant is added.
- Your air conditioner is behaving erratically. This could be caused my movement in the sensor. Even the slightest misplacement can cause the whole unit to act ineff
ectively and inefficiently.
- Getting lazy about changing the filter or not keeping the coils clean. Too much dirt can lead to problems. A contractor should be called out to check the coils and the filter is something you should be on top of each month.
- Frequently turning your air conditioner on and off. This could lead to corrosion of the compressor and cause the air fans to wear out too quickly. If you think this might be happening in your home, you should contact an HVAC contractor.
Staying cool and comfortable in the summer is as easy as finding an HVAC company that will provide a quality inspection, tune-up, installation and air conditioning repair in Arcadia Arizona. Scottsdale Air Heating & Cooling has been committed to your comfort for 64 years.
If you want a company that reliably and professionally determines your Arcadia Az air conditioning needs and takes the time to explore and explain all your options, contact or give Scottsdale Air a call at (480) 359-7141
Summer Tips for Staying Comfortable in Your Arcadia, Arizona Home:
Summer comfort in Arcadia, AZ isn’t an oxymoron. There are some easy steps you can take to help you keep your family comfortable and cool during the desert’s hottest months.
You can begin by:
- Doing the basics like keeping your house a bit on the dark side. During the heat of the day, keep your blinds, shutters, and curtains closed.
- Thinking about fans. If you don’t have any fans, install ceiling fans and invest in some portable fans to keep in rooms that you spend a lot of time in — bedrooms, the family room and kitchen. The circulated air will make it feel a few degrees cooler and you can lower your thermostat a bit.
- Buying some compact fluorescent bulbs to replace any incandescent bulbs you might still have. The fluorescent bulbs will save about 80 percent of the heat and energy used by the incandescent bulbs.
- Taking stock of your landscape. Do you have trees on the sun-stricken sides of your house? If not, plant a tree or two to provide some shade.
- Inspecting your windows and doors. Are there any drafts? If there are, you can get some rubberweatherstripping and keep the hot air outside.
- Committing to change the air filters monthly. Clean filters keep your air conditioner running efficiently.
- Calling a professional HVAC contractor to provide tune-ups to your air conditioner. This can help prevent bigger and more costly issues down the road and into the heat of the season.
Call (480) 359-7141 to speak with Scottsdale Air