You might be trying to ignore it, but there are some clear signs that it’s time to hire an HVAC company to install a new air conditioning unit, or at least determine whether it’s time. And as you do a little research, you might wonder if a 3.5 ton air conditioning installation is the way to go for your Scottsdale home.
Even though we’re turning the corner into cooler days, fall is a great time to consider air conditioning replacement. Many HVAC companies aren’t as busy and can give you their full attention. Also, there are many sales and discounts in the off-season. Plus, you’ll enter next summer having the peace of mind knowing you’ll be able to rely on your air conditioner to keep your family cool without interruption.
A proper AC installation, especially in the scorching Scottsdale climate, is vital in achieving optimum performance and keeping your utility bills as low as possible. One of the most important elements of installation is getting the right size unit. A small unit isn’t efficient because it can’t keep the house as cool as you’d like. But a unit that is too big isn’t a good thing, either, because it will cycle on and off more frequently, making your house less comfortable, and causing more wear and tear on your unit, ultimately shortening the life of your AC.
A professional HVAC company will take precise measurements of your home and do the required intricate calculations to determine the best size air conditioning unit for your house. For many Scottsdale homeowners considering air conditioning installation, a 3.5 ton AC will do the trick. But you’ll need a professional Scottsdale HVAC contractor to examine your house and let you know for sure.
If you live in Scottsdale, especially if you live in one of the older areas of the city, it’s important to ask yourself some questions to determine whether this may be the year you need to hire a professional to install a new air-conditioning unit for your home. Questions like:
- How old is my air conditioner? If it’s more than 10 years old, you should consider replacing it with a more energy-efficient unit with the ENERGY STAR LABEL. This could save you as much as 20 percent on your utility bill.
- Are my utility bills going up or is my unit needing frequent repairs? These are both signs that your unit could be becoming less efficient.
- Your air conditioner is noisy. This could mean your duct system is undersized or there is a problem with the indoor coil of your cooling equipment.
- Your home feels humid. This could signal the AC isn’t working properly or it’s not working efficiently.
- Leaky ductwork could also be the culprit.
If you suspect it could be time to replace your air conditioner, you’ll want to call a reliable, reputable company that will carefully inspect your existing unit and determine whether it’s time to replace. Just as importantly, a professional HVAC company will determine the best size AC for your home, resulting in cool, comfortable summers, and keeping your utility bills as low as possible.
Scottsdale Air has been installing air conditioning units throughout Scottsdale for 64 years. Let us install your air conditioner now so you’re ready for next summer!