Ahwatukee, AZ residents love the many attractions its city has to offer. There are great sports venues like Sun Devil Stadium and Diablo Stadium (training home of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim), and you’re close to great shopping at malls like the Arizona Mills shopping center.
Of course, if you live in Ahwatukee, Arizona you have to endure the infamous desert heat. But what many of us don’t think much about is the cold season, especially getting regular maintenance on our heating systems.
Are You Having Heating Problem at Your Ahwatukee AZ Home or Commercial Building?
If you want to stay warm when the mercury starts to dip, you’ll want your Ahwatukee Az heating system in tip-top shape to keep you toasty, extend the life of your furnace — and to keep your utility bills at bay. The best way to get your furnace ready for the cold season is to hire an HVAC company to give it a tune-up.
Some important steps to take with your annual Ahwatukee, AZ Heat Pump check-up:
- Keeping it safe. A professional contractor will make sure there aren’t any deadly carbon monoxide emissions from your furnace. The toxic substance can be made by a dirty or malfunctioning system.
- Checking all gas (or oil) connections, gas pressure, burner combustion and heat exchanger. If anything is going wrong with any of these, there is the potential for a fire hazard and can contribute to health problems. A dirty burner or cracked heat exchanger causes improper burner operation. And either can lead to the equipment becoming less safe and less efficient.
- Inspect the flue piping for signs of rust, disconnections, or any sign of backdrafting.
- Look at the thermostat. If your programmable thermostat is working properly and you are setting it correctly, it will keep you warm during the winter months while you’re at home, but keep your bill down by shutting the heat down while you’re away.
- Lubricate the moving parts. If there is too much friction in the motor, the furnace will have to use more electricity.
- Check all the controls and the starting cycle. Make sure the system will start, function, and turn off as it should.
Things you can do yourself to keep your Ahwatukee, AZ home as warm as possible during the chilly winter months, including:
- Opening window coverings. Open up those blinds, shutters, curtains and let the light in, especially on sunny but cool days.
- Cooking and baking. Nothing says fall and winter like something scrumptious baking in the oven. Not only will it smell heavenly, but it will help warm up the house.
- Weatherstripping. Check your windows and doors for drafts. If you find any, get some rubber weatherstripping from the hardware store and seal windows and the bottom of doors.
- Installing a programmable thermostat if you don’t have one. This will enable you to turn the heat down while you’re away at work or school and ultimately save you money on your utility bill and will give your furnace a break and extend its life.
- Keeping your filters clean. You should change your filters about once a month to keep your system running smoothly.
- Thinking about your ceiling fans. Many of us think about our ceiling fans to keep cool. But if you reverse direction on the fans (counterclockwise in the winter), it will help direct the warm air down.
Scottsdale Air Heating and Cooling has been the best HVAC installation and heating repair in Ahwatukee Arizona, keeping residents warm in the winter and cool in the summer for the past 64 years. Scottsdale Air will answer all your questions and explore all options for keeping you comfortable all year long.
Call (480) 359-7141 to speak with Scottsdale Air