Living in Ahwatukee has numerous benefits. You’re spitting distance to great sports venues like Sun Devil Stadium and Diablo Stadium (training home of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim), and close to great shopping at malls like the Arizona Mills shopping center.
Perhaps the biggest challenge to living in Ahwatukee is staying cool as soon as the mercury starts rising to the triple digits.
Are You Having Air Conditioning Problem at Your Ahwatukee Home or Commercial Building?
For Ahwatukee residents, sometimes the best part of the day is just relaxing in your air-conditioned home and not giving it a second thought. But if something with the system goes amiss, it can bring plenty of misery. That’s why it’s important to recognize some of the more common problems, including:
- Turning the unit on and off a lot. This can cause the wires and terminals to corrode and compressor and air fans to wear out.
- Sensor issues. A sensor measures the temperature of the air entering the evaporative coil. If it gets bumped out of position, the air conditioner can act up and behave unpredictably.
- Leaks with the refrigerant. The air conditioning unit will operate most efficiently when it has the precise amount of refrigerant recommended by the manufacturer. If there’s a leak, a trained HVAC contractor should be contacted to repair the leak, test it, and determine how much fresh refrigerant is needed.
- Filters and coils that are dirty, leading to inefficient cooling.This can usually be prevented with regular maintenance.
- Too much moisture. You can get tipped off to this by a bad odor. During humid periods, like monsoon season in Ahwatukee, AZ, drainage and clogging issues can occur.
Clients who rely on their Ahwatukee Az air-conditioning units appreciate an HVAC company dedicated to customer service. Scottsdale Air, providing the best HVAC installation and air conditioning repair in Ahwatukee Arizona for 64 years, will go above and beyond your needs to keep you cool all summer long.
If you want a trustworthy company who makes it a priority to give you the best service possible, then contact Scottsdale Air at (480) 359-7141.
Keeping Your Family Comfortable in Ahwatukee, Arizona
Instead of going into summer hibernation, there are ways to help life become more bearable, even comfortable, during the summer months in Ahwatukee. If you don’t do so already, you can try:
- Paying attention to your air filters. Replace them once a month so your unit continues to run efficiently. The dirtier the filters, the harder the unit has to work, causing a jump in your utility bill and not keeping you as cool as you could be.
- Hiring an HVAC contractor at the start of each summer to inspect and service your unit. This will ensure that you have a seamless transition to a cool summer.
- Keeping the house as dark and cool as possible by shutting all the curtains, blinds, shutters and other window treatments during the hottest parts of the day and when the sun strikes those sides of the house.
- Planting trees all sides of the house — except — for the south side. This will create some shade and the outside temperature surrounding the trees will drop by a couple degrees.
- Making use of portable and ceiling fans. Fans can make the room they’re in feel a few degrees cooler, allowing you to keep the thermostat set a bit higher than normal.
- Checking drafts in your windows and doors. If you have any leaks, hot air from outside can easily make its way inside. All you need is some rubber weatherstripping from your local hardware store. Place it inside the windowpanes and at the bottom of doors.
Call (480) 359-7141 to speak with Scottsdale Air